Want a green career?
Want to reduce climate impacts?
Join the Southern Tier Solar Works Team! We are an innovative solar energy community outreach program of the Binghamton Regional Sustainability Coalition. STSW is dedicated to promoting a sustainable culture through education, outreach, solar deployment, and workforce development. We partner with local organizations, municipalities, and schools to spread awareness of solar power and grow our local solar industry.
STSW is looking for interns for Summer and Fall 2017 to assist with the continued efforts of this campaign. Interns will assist with conducting community outreach related to solar energy, helping to cut carbon, create green jobs, stimulate the local economy, and support community members in becoming energy and environmental stewards. Interns will gain knowledge and experience in the fields of clean energy, community development, and non-profit work.
TYPE OF POSITION
Summer: 10 weeks, 35 hours/week, paid
Fall: Semester, 8-10hrs/week, volunteer or for credit
Location: Downtown Binghamton, NY
• Provide educational presentations to a diverse public around the region
• Work with leaders of businesses, non-profits, schools and municipalities on solar and energy efficiency
• Provide quality community service support over phone, in person, and through e-mail
• Market local and statewide energy initiatives
• Assist with organizing public events and program development
• Create/edit marketing and educational materials
• Assist with program reporting and analysis through careful record keeping and data management.
• Undergraduate and graduate students from any discipline may apply
• Students with a demonstrated interest in energy, environmental science, education, social marketing, community organizing, client service, graphic design, and non-profit work are encouraged to apply.
• Strong communication and organizational skills a must
• Ability to work efficiently and professionally as a part of a team
• Flexibility and a desire to apply and acquire and apply new skills is a must
• Strong computer, graphic design, web application and video production skills are highly valued.
• Special consideration for candidates proficient in graphic design and/or accounting.
• Marketing or Phone sales experience is a plus.
• Experience and/or course work related to clean energy is a plus but not required.
SELECTION AND INITIAL TRAINING PROCESS
DEADLINE: April 18th, 2017
• Fill out the form below. BU students upload your resume via HireBing and send your letters via email.
• BU Applicants will be contacted by the BU Career Center to schedule an interview in early December.
• Applicants from other colleges and universities will interview at our offices in downtown Binghamton.
• Successful candidates will be notified within a week of their interview.
• Training materials will be sent to interns for review at least a week prior to the start date.
• Initial training occurs during the first week of the internship.