- Have solar panels installed on your property, whether it be the roof or the ground
- Benefit from NYSERDA grant and federal tax credits as a way of helping to finance installation costs
- Considered as an investment in your home – rather than all the money spent on electricity going to the utility company*, the value of your home will be increasing after the panels are installed.
*a service fee must still be paid
Community Shared Solar
- Whether you rent or your property is not in shape to have solar panels added, through CSS you can access solar energy without having to install anything on your property.
- This works through either subscribing to or purchasing a solar array that is located on land that is within your loading zone for electricity.
- While STSW does not currently have a CSS system up and running, we are surveying prospective areas of land and will have a project in the works in the near future. By signing up, you are put into a queue and you will be contacted as soon as everything has been set in motion.
kW of Installed Solar Through STSW
Number of Installs Through STSW